We will be performing some planned maintenance on athleticedge.com beginning 5/1/2017 at 5:00 PM EST
WE ENCOURAGE OUR CUSTOMERS TO SHOP AT OUR PARTNER RETAILERS WHILE WE FINISH THE UPDATES.
IntraXcell - The Original Beta-Alanine Formula
IntraXcell - The Original Beta-Alanine Formula
The Original DEDICATED Beta-Alanine, Carnosine Boosting Formula
When You Think of Beta-Alanine, We Dare You NOT to Think of IntraXCell!
Maximize Strength & Endurance!
Backed by THREE research studies and a track record of FIVE years in the market place; when it comes to beta-alanine supplementation, there is no more of a trusted name than IntraXCell®.
History is about to be made once again!
Until now, creatine, with numerous research studies to support its effectiveness, was the leading supplement for improving exercise and muscular performance. Since creatine made its explosion into the sports nutrition world in the early nineties, our understanding of exercise physiology and sports nutrition has evolved exponentially. Recent research is giving rise to another supplement breakthrough…one that will change the direction of the industry like creatine did so many years ago. The research supported, IntraXCell* is THE next breakthrough supplement for increasing explosive strength, muscle mass and endurance.
IntraXCell Highlights: (As supported by THREE research studies)
* Delay Muscular Fatigue, Train Harder & longer.
* Increase Muscle Mass-In 8 weeks, subjects gained 2lbs of Lean Body Mass (LBM) on average, with some subjects gaining up to 7lbs of LBM!
* Boost Muscular Strength & Power Output
* Delay the onset of blood lactate (OBLA) During Aerobic Endurance exercise
* No Bloating or Water-Retention
* 100% Patented CARNOSYN® brand Beta-Alanine
Designed for Weight Lifters, High Intensity Cross Trained Athletes, Military Personal, Runners, Cyclists, MMA Fighters & Sport Specific Training That Require Both Strength & Endurance.
While other supplement companies talk a big game, making unsubstantiated claims with no scientific support, Athletic Edge Nutrition is different. We are a NEW breed of supplement company. We raise the standard, by placing our exact formula (IntraXCell) through the rigors of THREE scientific research studies. In doing so, we want to PROVE to you that IntraXCell delivers the promised results and will meet and exceed your highest expectations!
1. Kern BD, Robinson TL. Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on performance and body composition in collegiate wrestlers and football players. Performance and Physical Education Department, Adams State College, Alamosa, Colorado
2. Thomas Jordan, Judith Lukaszuk, Mark Misic, Josephine Umoren. Effect of beta-alanine supplementation on the onset of blood lactate accumulation (OBLA) during treadmill running: Pre/post 2 treatment experimental design. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2010, 7:20
3. Kern BD, Robinson TL, Manninen AH. Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on exercise performance during a competitive wrestling season: An 8-week open label pilot study.
Double blind placebo controlled study, using twenty collegiate wrestlers and fifteen collegiate football players. This study is HIGHLY relevant for individuals wanting to build muscle mass, gain strength and power.
All three studies can be found on our website, two of the studies made it through the rigorous scientific peer review process and have been published in research journals. More studies to come!
How does IntraXCell work?
While beta-alanine is largely responsible for the majority of performance benefits you gain from IntraXCell, there are other contributing factors to the science of IntraXCell. First, we will discuss some key issues occurring during exercise that limit us from reaching our strength and muscle mass goals. We will then explain just how IntraXCell’s ingredients effectively targets these limitations.
What stops us from making NEW muscle gains, BIG increases in strength and limits us from reaching our full potential?
The sequence of events looks like this:
1. Our energy systems release large amounts of hydrogen ions(H+) during high intensity exercise.
2. H+ cause fatigue and cause your muscles pH to drop(become more acidic)
3. As our muscles pH quickly drops, so does your strength, while muscular fatigue increases
4. At the same time, fatigue causing free radicals are increased with exercise.
The Result of these events: Strength plummets, fatigue sets in and muscles are not adequately worked. Without sufficient overload, your muscles cannot and will NOT grow.
How can IntraXCell combat these events?
1. By utilizing a researched dose of beta-alanine, that dramatically boosts the levels of a powerful H+ buffer inside our muscles called carnosine.
2. Carnosine is a naturally occurring di-peptide that has the ability to stabilize muscular pH by soaking up (H+)
3. Carnosine is found in both type I and type II muscle fibers, but is highest in type II muscle fibers. Type II muscle fibers are primarily used in high intensity strength workouts and are most responsive to muscular growth.
4. By increasing carnosine concentrations in type II muscle fibers, you greatly enhance their ability to buffer/absorb increased amounts of H+ that are released during exercise.
5. Includes the antioxidants NAC, ALA and Vitamin E, which work along with carnosine to combat fatigue causing, free radicals.
How do the other key ingredients in IntraXCell’s formula work with the beta-alanine content and support intracellular carnosine levels?
One of carnosine’s attributes beyond stabilizing muscular pH, is its ability to act as an intracellular antioxidant that can fight cellular fatigue. Knowing these secondary benefits of carnosine, we have combined other ingredients with beta-alanine that have the ability to boost yet another powerful intracellular antioxidant called glutathione. At the same time, the IntraXCell formula can directly work with carnosine’s antioxidant ability.
1. N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) - NAC increases glutathione levels inside the cell which is a power antioxidant that fights cellular fatigue. Interestingly beta-alanine has now been shown to increase the synthesis of glutathione by increasing the availability of its precursor cysteine. Beta-Alanine and NAC work perfectly together.
2. Vitamin E – Vitamin E has been shown to increase carnosine levels more than carnsoine alone. Carnosine has been shown to increases Vitamin E antioxidant ability. These two operate hand in hand.
3. Alpha-Lipoic-Acid – alpha-lipoic-acid is a highly versatile antioxidant that boosts the above other two antioxidants, vitamin E and the end result of NAC supplementation,(boosted glutathione levels).
The End Result: IntraXCell keeps us in an optimal pH range by buffering/absorbing H+, while simultaneously fighting fatigue-causing, free radicals. In doing so, our muscles are able to perform at much higher levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long will it take for me to start noticing benefits?
Performance benefits typically start occurring in as little as two weeks, although some individuals will notice benefits within one week. As carnosine levels continue to increase, so will the benefits. The most dramatic results are generally experienced within the 3-4 week range, but they don’t stop there. Recent research is now showing carnosine levels continue to increase up to at least 12 weeks, so the benefits just keep on getting better which is why we recommend to continuously stay on IntraXCell for at least 3 months to optimize your carnosine levels.
Immediate benefits: Many users experience intense vasodilatation/pumps from the very first time they take their first does of IntraXCell. The reason this occurs is because Beta-Alanine increases carnosine and carnosine is a powerful precursor in generating nitric oxide synthase (NOS). NOS are a group of enzymes necessary for making the powerful vasodilator nitric oxide. Take IntraXCell with SteelEdge prior to exercise and let us know your experience. We are confident that you will be very pleased pumps/vasodilatation from your very first workout.
Q: There are a few other beta-alanine, carnosine boosters out there, what makes IntraXCell different?
* IntraXCell was the world’s FIRST Dedicated beta-alanine, carnosine booster in convenient capsule form.
* IntraXCell is the FIRST and ONLY stand alone beta-alanine formula that is backed by THREE research studies
* With IntraXCell, you get a large 4 gram dose of Beta-Alanine per day complying to the actual dosage used in the scientific research. Other carnosine boosters put beta-alanine in proprietary blends and do not list the amount, so it’s impossible unless the company discloses the actual beta-alanine content for you to know if you are really getting a high enough dose to build up carnosine levels and reap all the benefits!
* IntraXCell licenses CARNOSYN®, the PATENTED brand of beta-alanine, insuring the highest quality and is the beta-alanine used in the majority of studies.
* IntraXCell is designed with no stimulants so it can be taken anytime during the day everyday including late night workout sessions.
* IntraXCell is a true carnosine booster without the unnecessary fluff that’s added to some of the other carnosine boosters currently on the market.
Q: Are there any stimulants in IntraXCell?
Q: Can I take IntraXCell late at night?
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take one serving two times a day seven days a week. IntraXCell may be taken with or without food--food may dampen the prickling/flushing effect that some people experience from Beta-Alanine. Optional use on training days: Take one serving 15-20 minutes prior to exercise and take one serving post-workout(If stacking with IntrAbolic, only take ONE serving Post-workout.. For best Results: Use IntraXCell daily for a minimum of one month to optimize intracellular muscle carnosine levels. Performance benefits from IntraXCell will become noticeable in your workouts within 1-2 weeks, and will continue to become stronger for the first three months as intracellualr carnosine levels continue to increase. To fully maximize IntraXCell’s benefits, we recommend individuals stay on IntraXCell for atleast a three month cycle.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Q: How to stack AEN products?
Stack 1-IntraXCell with IntrAbolic:
Training Days - 1-2 servings of IntrAbolic & 1 serving of IntraXCell, post-workout or later on in the day
Non-Training Days - Take 2 servings of IntraXCell
Stack 2- IntraXCell, IntrAbolic+ Creatine RT - The most powerful STIMULANT FREE Performance, Muscle Build, Recovery stack in sports nutrition.
Training Days - Simply mix 1 serving of Creatine RT into your IntrAbolic, or take 1 serving post-workout. Take 1 serving of IntraXCell
Non-Training Days - Take 1 serving of Creatine RT and 2 servings of IntraXCell.
Stack Three- IntraXCell, PreSurge Unleashed, IntrAbolic & Creatine RT- Our COMPLETE Nutrient Timing Stack. It doesn’t get any better than this.
Training Days - Take 1-2 servings of PreSurge Unleashed. It is NOT necessary to take Creatine RT on days you take PreSurge Unleashed. Take 1-2 servings of IntrAbolic and 1 serving of IntraXCell
Non-Training Days - Take one serving of Creatine RT and two servings of IntraXCell.
Hoffman J, Ratamess N, Kang J, Mangine G, Faigenbaum A, Stout J. (2006) Effect of Creatine and ß-Alanine Supplementation on Performance and Endocrine Responses in Strength/Power Athletes. IJSNEM, 16(4). Zoeller RF, Stout JR, O'kroy JA, Torok DJ, Mielke M.(2006) Effects of 28 days of beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate supplementation on aerobic power, ventilatory and lactate thresholds, and time to exhaustion. Amino Acids, 1-6 Harris RC, Tallon MJ Dunnett M, Boobis L, Coakley J, Kim HJ, Fallowfield JL, Hill CA, Sale C, Wise JA (2006) The absorption of orally supplied §-alanine and its effect on muscle carnosine synthesis in human vastus lateralis. Amino Acids, March.
STUDIES & SOURCES
Harris RC, Ponte J, Sale C, Jones GA, Kim HJ, Wise JA. Effect of 14 and 28 days B-Alanine(Carnosyn™) supplementation on isometric endurance of the knee extensors.Univeristy of Chichester, Chichester UK; Korea National Sport Univeristy, Seoul Korea. Poster Presentation
Harris RC, Marlin DJ, Dunnett M, Snow DH, Hultman E ((1990) Muscle buffering capacity & dipeptide content in the thoroughbred horse, greyhound dog & man. Comparative Biochem Physiol 97A: 249-251
Hill CA, Harris RC, Kim HJ, Harris BD, Sale C, Boobis LH, Kim CK, Wise JA (2006) Influence of b- alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosine concentrations and high intensity cycling capacity Amino Acids.
Hill C. A., R. C. Harris, H. J. Kim, L. Boobis, C. Sale, J. A. Wise. "The effect of beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate supplementation on muscle composition and exercise performance." (Presented at the American College of Sports Medicine Annual conference, 2005, Nashville.)
Kim HJ, Kim CK, Lee YW, Harris RC, Sale C, Harris DB, and Wise JA (2006) The effect of a supplement containing ß-alanine on muscle carnosine synthesis and exercise capacity, during 12 wk combined endurance and weight training. J. Inter. Soc. Sports Nutr. 3(1): S9
Stout JR, Cramer JT, Mielke M, O'Kroy J, Torok D, and Zoeller RF (2006) Effects of 28 days of beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate supplementationon the physical working capacity at neuromuscular fatigue threshold J Strength Cond Res (in press)
Stout JR, Cramer JT, Zoeller RF, Torok D, Costa P, Hoffman JR (2006) Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on the onset of neuromuscular fatigue and ventilatory threshold in women. Amino Acids. Nov 30
Suzuki Y, Ito O, Takahashi H, Takamatsu K (2004) The effect of sprint training on skeletal muscle carnosine in humans. Intl J Sport Health Sci 2: 105-110.
Suzuki Y, Ito O, Mukai N, Takahashi H, Takamatsu K (2002) High Level of Skeletal Muscle Carnosine Contributes to the Latter Half of Exercise Performance during 30-s Maximal Cycle Ergometer Sprinting. Jpn J Physiol 52:199-205.